All'inizio (In The Beginning)

Thursday, June 11, 2015


Today I had the pleasure of dealing with both my Uni and Student Finance in order to try and resolve some issues that have arisen regarding the most vital aspect of my trip abroad - MONEY

Nobody likes to talk about it and everybody likes to ignore it, but the truth is, money makes the world go round. My dad's very wise friend once said, 'as long as you've got money and a passport, you can go anywhere in the world'. A motto which I have adopted but am currently unable to fulfil. 

My uni offers a wonderful opportunity for students to claim a little bit of extra cash for certain trips, in this case it's a healthy 500 squid. However, they like to make these things nice and difficult for you, as if we don't currently have enough on our plates. They need a breakdown of all the Student Finance you're getting for the next academic year, so like any student desperate for a bit of money, I sent this off the second it popped up on my SF account. This is when it all starts to go downhill. The little lady behind the computer at my university sends me an email back saying they cannot except my breakdown as it's in the wrong format (WHAT?!). She sends me an attachment of what it should look like which is exactly how mine looked for 2014/2015, but not 2015/2016. Eeek. 

I get on the phone to SF and explain my situation to which they tell me they've decided to change their formats (typical) and therefore the breakdown I have, is correct. Try telling that to the little lady behind the computer! She's having none of it. I go back to her to tell her what SF have told me and she tells me she's going to investigate a little further and get back to me. pfft. A little while later I get a phone call from her telling me that if I go to the SF office (as in the one in bleeding Darlington, about 3 hours away from my home) they'll be able to help me there. HA! So, I get back on the phone to SF (can you see where this is going yet?) and tell them what Little Lady has told me, and the guy then puts me on hold (for no longer than two minutes - this is their favourite saying at SF) to go and speak to the Head Office. He comes back to me in around 1 minute 47 seconds and tells me they HAVE changed the format of the breakdown and that the old one is now completely extinct. Dead as a Dodo. 

So my last phone call of the day is back to the Little Lady. I tell her what SF have just told me and she seems stumped. I don't think she ever phoned them. So she tells me she has to talk to her 'supervisors' and she'll get back to me. Right. 

So at the minute, I'm currently in limbo whilst I wait for a response from Little Lady and her supervisors. I'll keep you updated with the outcome so make sure you check back for more! In the meantime, Ciao for now!


xo Meg 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Flickr Images


Created with flickr slideshow.