Making The Most Of It

Friday, June 12, 2015


When I get on that plane in September and start my journey to Milan, I'm not just going to Milan. No way. I'm going EVERYWHERE. Or at least, I want to. My plan is to use my time (and the lovely money we get from Erasmus+) to travel. I've made a list of where I want to go, including Amsterdam, Barcelona and Berlin, and I've even started looking into flights and hotels so I can start budgeting my money so I don't go spending it all in Sephora. However, that's inevitable. It's going to happen one way or another. Sephora is the mothership. 

That's the beauty of a year abroad. You get to see new places, experience new things and meet new people, all of which are unlikely to have happened whilst staying at uni in the UK. Or at least, that's what I'm hoping. Who knows if that'll actually happen. 
I'm happy to go off travelling by myself, but if I tell that to my mum... She just gives me 'The Look'. You know the one? The one where she doesn't have to say anything, and yet, she's said everything. I've told her I'll be fine. Staying in hotels in central areas, not talking to strangers, and not telling the guy I meet at the airport exactly where I'm staying a la Taken. 

I'm excited. I can't wait to actually be able to travel. Yes, I've been on holidays and trips, but I've never travelled. Again, going back to my favourite motto, 'as long as you've got money and a passport, you can go anywhere in the world'. That's what I remember every time I'm on the way to the airport and my brain's running a million miles a minute trying to remember if I packed my toothbrush, my make-up, enough clothes etc. But, what I've learnt over the years, is that all these things are material. You can buy them anywhere in the world. Well, most places. You might struggle in the Sahara Desert but I'm not planning on going there yet so we'll leave that topic for another day.

I've already got a trip lined up to Munich (my friend's just moved there for a year so I'll definitely be making the most of that), and like I mentioned before, I've got a few places on my radar. I'll be keeping my eyes open for any good deals I spot (my favourite website is Expedia, they have everything on there) and I'm also going to have a look at dabbling in a bit of inter-railing through Italy. I mean when in Rome hey?

So, if you've got any advice on where to go and what to do, let me know in the comments below, or tweet me @meeeglucia!

Arrivederci amici,


xo Meg




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Flickr Images


Created with flickr slideshow.