Travel Money

Sunday, June 21, 2015




I hate having to get euros out. I hate having to try and figure out how much I'm going to spend while I'm on holiday, (let alone trying to work out how much a year abroad is going to cost me) and I hate that I have to walk round with sometimes quite a lot of cash!

That's why I'm so thankful for the travel card. Specifically Caxton FX. I've yet to physically use the car yet but I already absolutely love it. It works like a debit card and means you can purchase things, pay for dinner and withdraw cash all in the country of travel, without paying a single charge fee! AMAZING!

I found it on thirdyearabroad.com (check their website out - they're great) and I cannot explain how excited I was. I'd been stressing about how I was going to try and manage my money while I'm in Milan. I didn't want to have to open a bank account and try and tackle the language barriers that come with it, but yet, I didn't want to have a couple thousand euros sat in my apartment. This is the perfect solution. My plan is to receive all my money in my UK bank account and then simply transfer it onto the Caxton card and then use it as and when! Sounds simple, huh? At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

I'm off to Munich in a month so I'm planning on giving the card a trial run out there to make sure it works exactly how I want it to. As well as the card, I'm considering also taking a few euros in cash, just in case! Especially for when I get to the airport and have to negotiate the trains/metro/bus/ATM machine. No thank you.

I'll check back in and let you know my feelings on the card once I've whipped it out for a trial run, but, until then, a presto!

xo Meg

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Flickr Images


Created with flickr slideshow.