Packing.. Or At Least Thinking About It

Thursday, June 11, 2015



Packing. It's the bane of every traveller, holidaymaker and business person's life. Will all my things fit? Will I be within the weight limit? Will I even be able to lift it up? Usually, my answer to all these questions is no. I usually do a trial pack about a week to two weeks before I go on a trip to make sure I've got everything I need and that all the clothing I want to take with me is washed and ironed ready to go (even though it comes out looking like a dishcloth at the other end). Obviously, I can't really do a trial pack of my trip abroad. I'm going for ten months. I've got to try and fit my life into three cases! (me, mum & dad). However, I'm going to do my best to only fill two, but this is going to prove very, very difficult. 

To begin with, I need to limit the items of clothing I'm taking with me which is going to be hard. I've had a couple of hauls in the last month or two especially for my trip and I'll only be taking a few of my staple items with me i.e. leggings, jeans and a few tops. After all, I'll be doing a hell of a lot of shopping when I'm there so I need to make sure I've got the room left in my wardrobe for all my new purchases! 

There's also a few things that I want to take with me that go in the miscellaneous category like my blender, my 1kg tub of peanut butter and maybe even a carton or two of almond milk. You know, the essentials.

Now, once those items and my capsule wardrobe are in the case, that leaves shoes. I recently bought 9 pairs especially for Milan to go along with the million pairs already in my wardrobe, so I think this might be my weak point.. I'm going to do my best to limit myself to 12 pairs, I think that will enable me to cover all occasions, don't you?

Then that just leaves coats. Italian weather is so unpredictable. I was in Venice for New Year a few years ago and on the first day it was 25 degrees and sunny, but the day after, it dropped to about 10 degrees and started snowing! See what I mean? So I need to make sure I cover all bases - Smart, Leather, Parka and Casual. I think I can do that. Maybe... I'll let you know. 

Lastly, I need to make sure I've got the important things. Laptop, phone, camera, chargers for said electricals', hair tools and as mentioned in the first post, the two most important things that will allow you to go anywhere in the world: money and passport. Oh and obviously my plane ticket which I still need to book..

Parlare presto,

xo Meg

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Flickr Images


Created with flickr slideshow.